Born in Powell, WY, Casey had a passion for creating art from an early age. But it wasn't until he attended Northwest College and studied with John Giarrizzo that he gained a strong desire to be a painter. After Northwest, he continued his education at Brigham Young University in Provo, UT where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
And after a ten-year stint as a graphic designer, more training followed with an apprenticeship alongside renowned portrait painter William Whitaker. Casey now paints full-time in his north-lit studio designed after those of the old masters.
Receiving First Honors in the Portrait Society of America's 2011 International Portrait Competition as well as a Certificate of Excellence the previous year, Casey has received international notoriety and recognition for his work and is collected both publicly and privately. Casey and his wife, Amanda along with their sons Evan, Owen, and Cameron, currently live in Utah.
- 2012 - Casey Childs | Portraits & Figures, Covey Center for the Arts, Aug-Sept
- 2012 - Salon International,Greenhouse Gallery of Fine Art, San Antonio TX, Apr-May
- 2012 - 9th International Art Exhibition, LDS Church History Museum, Mar-Oct
- 2012 - 10 Artists, 10 Views, Springville MOA, Springville, UT Jan
- 2011 - Finalist Showcase, Portrait Society of America International Conference, Atlanta, GA
- 2011 - 26th Annual Religious and Spiritual Art of Utah, Springville, UT Oct-Dec
- 2011 - Recent + Works, Solo Exhibit, Harris Fine Arts Center, Brigham Young University, Feb
- 2010 - Summer Showcase, Covey Center, Aug
- 2010 - 86th annual Spring Salon, Springville MOA, Apr-May
- 2009 - 8th International Art Exhibition, LDS Church History Museum, Mar-Oct
- 2009 - 24th Annual Religious and Spiritual Art of Utah, Springville Moa, Oct-Dec
- BlueCanvas Magazine (Issue 12) - May 2012
- "Artist Casey Childs Paints Lessons in History", Lovell Chronicle - Mar 29, 2012
- American Art Collector Magazine - August 2011
- International Artist Magazine - August/September 2010