Jim Rennert was born in 1958, and grew up in Las Vegas, Nevada. After 10 years of working in business Jim started sculpting in 1990. He had his first bronze sculptures cast by a foundry in Lehi, Utah in 1992. Jim began exhibiting his work in commercial galleries in 1993. Working closely with the foundry in Lehi, Jim learned to execute all aspects of the lost wax method of casting bronze.
After acquiring the necessary equipment for the production of his own work, Jim now works out of his home studio in Salt Lake City, Utah. Jim has received gallery representation in Park City, Utah; Sun Valley, Idaho; Sante Fe, New Mexico; Palm Desert and Carmel, California; and New York City, New York.
Jim's work is figurative, emphasizing movement and action. He has created many pieces depicting athletic subjects and themes. In 2004, combining his business background with his enthusiasm for sports, Jim began the series titled "Suits". This series uses sports as a metaphor to explore the competitive nature of business. "Business has become for many the sport of a lifetime," Jim says. Looking at various aspects of business life, Jim presents the contemporary businessman's daily struggle with himself and others in an ironic and humorous fashion.
Exhibits and Festivals
- Antiques & Art at the Armory March 2011, NY, NY
- Naples International Art & Antique Fair March 2011 Naples, FL
- Meyer Gallery, Feb 2011, Park City, UT
- LA Art Fair January 2011, Los Angeles, CA
- Red Dot Miami, Dec 2010 Miami, FL
- Coral Springs Museum, Oct 2010 Coral Springs, FL
- National Sculpture Sociey 77th Annual Awards Exhibition 2010, Brookgreen, SC
- Art Hamptons, 2010, Bridgehampton, NY
- Palm Beach Art and Antiques Fair, 2010 Palm Beach, FL
- Red Dot Miami, December 2009, Miami, FL
- Art Hamptons, July 2009 Long Island, NY
- Public Art Installation, Oct 2008 Palm Desert, CA
- Cavalier Gallery, July 2008, Nantucket, MA
- National Sculpture Society Annual Awards Exhibition, Feb 2008, NY
- Sculpture in the Park, Aug 2007, Loveland, CO
- The Museum of History and Art, 2006, International Show
- Allied Artists of America, 2005, New York City, NY
- Contemporary Realism, 2005, New York City, NY
- Springville Museum Spring Salon, 2005 Springville, UT